If you’re looking for work, and a resident of Launch Housing or FirstHousing, we can help. CoAct Bridge to Work is partnering with your housing provider to help you find a job you enjoy and want to stay in.
Our team of specialists will help you get ready to start work, guide you as you look for and apply for jobs, and support you in your new role. Our one-to-one support includes:
- regular appointments to talk through your situation and goals
- help looking for the right jobs locally
- support to develop a resume that hits the spot with local employers
- training for meetings and interviews with Melbourne businesses
- advice on local work experience and help securing it
- job search tools and training
- industry skills and training
- connecting you to local support services.
If you’re already registered with another employment program like jobactive or Disability Employment Services, you can still get involved. We’ll work with your current provider to make sure you’re accessing all the support and resources available to help you find work.
Residents who find a job through CoAct Bridge to Work may be eligible for a rent increase freeze during their first six months of employment. This can help you adjust in your new role and give you the confidence you need to move towards independence in housing.